Thursday, March 29, 2007

Listen to James White Become Unhinged & Yell at & Patronizingly Preach to Jonathan Prejean on "Dividing Line"

http://www.creativelivingresource.org/wp-content/plugins/dbfiles/dbfile.php?action=get&id=35&name=Angryman.jpg

This is one for the ages (15 minute exchange on Dividing Line: 8-22-06). Of course Bishop White (clueless as usual regarding Matters Catholic) is actually proud of it, and so presents it on his blog for all to hear. I'm so happy he did. This provides a welcome balance to his endless array of video debate vignettes presented on his blog (invariably when he is the cross-examiner; we never see the other guy doing his cross-ex), where he supposedly makes mincemeat of his Catholic opponents, cowering under the weight of his immense wisdom and biblical acumen. Who else would be so brazen, lacking in dignity and propriety, and transparently self-important, to do such a thing? It's like "the king of arm wrestling" in a junior high locker room or something . . .

This audio clip reveals the James White I have known for 12 years: a prime audio example of condescending, arrogant, utter disdain of Catholics as human beings and thinkers, stupefying noncomprehension of opposing viewpoints, and the always-ready obtuse counter-"argument." This, from the man who recently turned me down (with severe insults designed to justify his intellectual cowardice) when I offered him a 90 minute cross-examination of me in his chat room, where he could annihilate me once and for all (as he fully believes he can do -- so he says himself --, yet never does it because he refuses every opportunity to do so). He even ruled out any possibility of his beloved oral debate on the same topic ("What is a Christian, and are Catholics Christian?").

See also his accompanying commentary on my good friend Jonathan Prejean on his blog. Can you imagine me talking to the good bishop on his webcast? It is almost unable to be conceived how utterly condescending the man would become with me on the other end of the phone. I have 12 years of his relentless, unending insults (almost all of which I recently removed from my blog because people -- including, very much, myself -- are tired of the ad hominem horse crap between Christians) that give me a very good idea of what it would be like. But he also turned me down when I suggested that we do a friendly chat for an entire webcast, so I guess we'd never know. In the meantime, we can all lament this performance of his. Thanks again to James for posting it! White in all his patronizing anti-Catholic glory! . . .

1 comment:

TheMightySmellyBelly said...

LOL, I know this debate with White is old but I just found this and I couldn't stop laughing. The conclusion that one can draw from this debate is that NO ONE can know the truth of the Gospel unless James White says so.

Thanks for posting Dave.