Wednesday, August 04, 2004

St. Joseph's: My German Gothic Parish

Check out the brand-new website for the church I have attended for over 13 years now. It is a marvelous building, built in 1873, near downtown Detroit, with some of the most gorgeous stained glass in America, and a great tradition of liturgical music. The website provides several fascinating pages about the history of the parish, lots of photographs, and information about the German community in Detroit. St. Joseph's is a wonderful, holy place, and the worship is just as reverential as the surroundings.

Sure a long way from my old non-denominational, Jesus Freak church meeting in a boring hall in the YMCA . . . I always loved the traditional cathedrals and medieval architecture, though. Some aspects of me have always been Catholic, whether I knew it or not.


No comments: